top of page

Japan Day 7

I decided last night that I needed to get away from the city, so I found some waterfalls. One was a two-hour drive north from the hotel, and the other was an hour back towards the hotel. It was around 9:00am when I left, so I plugged in a McDonalds 18 minutes away, in the other direction. I thought it was the one I stopped at when I first arrived, but it was not. I couldn’t even find it, but it was right in the middle of the city, so no parking anyway. I headed north towards the first waterfall 2 hours away, Kanabiki Waterfall. I was still a little hungry, and spotted a McDonalds from the road about halfway there. Maps didn’t show any in the area on the way so luck was with me. Stopped and ate lunch. Back on the road and about an hour later, drove up a thin road a ways to a parking area. Walked to the entrance steps where they had a metal box to put in 100 yen for entrance. The honor system. Yes, I put in my 100, as did the two people that were ahead of me. Walked just a short distance to the falls, which was good, because I didn’t have my hiking shoes with me. The waterfall was nice, not quite running at full force, I assume. After pictures and video, I headed back south to the second waterfall, Koto Falls, about an hour away. I was getting kind of low on gas, so I kept looking down at the few towns I was passing and did not see a gas station. Luckily, the exit from the freeway towards the falls went through a town that had several stations. Filled up and headed up towards the falls. It was another thin road all the way up to the entrance to the falls. Walked down some rock steps and then it turned into a steep downward dirt path, with some small logs in the dirt to help with footing and some wood railings in parts. It was a short walk like the other falls but steeper. Nice falls. Took a bunch of pictures and video and then headed back to the hotel to call it a night, and figure out what I wanted to do tomorrow.

98 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Not much sun the last week, but I woke up this morning to pretty clear skies. I decided I better get out on a hike before our weather turns weird again. I headed to the Kolowalu Trail, which actuall

Got the itch to head out on a hike. I haven't really done any hiking since I was hurt last August 1st. I did one hike in December with my guests back to Lulumahu Falls, but thats about it. I decide

I have been busy trying to upload all the photos I have taken. It is definitely a process, using Lightroom to make them as good as can be and then putting them on this site, with the information I wa


Thanks for  dropping by!

bottom of page